Need Free Baby Items? Try These 10 Budget Friendly Baby Tips!Kawartha Lakes Mums - where can young people starting out find free or budget-friendly baby items in City of Kawartha Lakes?
Also on Kawartha Lakes Mums:
- More Parenting Posts
- More Budget Boosters
Everyone needs to save money, especially young parents. I remember calling a pregnancy help line and asking if they could help me find a crib, or give me any advice, as our newlywed budget was already stretched to the max. Thank heavens, there are more resources now than when I had my first child. Hopefully this post will ease your mind and help you relax and look forward to your new family.
10 Frugal Baby Finds Tips
- Contact your local health unit. The health unit is a great resource for expectant parents. The Health unit in City of Kawartha Lakes offers free breast feeding preparation classes, and pre-natal classes where you will meet other parents that may know of great resources.
- Contact the nearest Pregnancy Help Centre, or Pregnancy Crisis Centre. Kawartha Lakes Pregnancy Help Centre offers "Baby Bucks" that you can use to get free things in their Baby Boutique.
- See if local churches offer any Mothers Morning Out groups, or make an appointment to speak with the church leader and share your concerns. Most church leaders have a wealth of knowledge about community supports that may be able to help you.
- Does your area have an Early Years Centre? The Ontario Early Years Centre in City of Kawartha Lakes offers the Canada Pre-Natal Nutrition program with food certificates, prenatal vitamins, and even free transportation to some programs for mums AND Dads They also have a free toy lending library and parenting library too. After you have your baby, they offer play groups as well.
- Search for a Free Cycle group in your area. Free Cycle is meant to keep items out of the Landfill sites.
- Search Facebook for the name of you area plus "Free" ie Kawartha Lakes Free. Often parents will be giving away baby items that they couldn't sell in a garage sale or through consignment. While these items may have stains, or tears - a few minutes of TLC will have them in great shape for your little one.
- Browse Freebie sites like Freebies 4 Canada for free baby gift offers from manufacturers, and giveaways, and watch Kawartha Lakes Mums Budget Boosters Board on Pinterest
- Watch for Yard Sales - if you go at the end the pickings are slim, but you can get great buys - sometimes even freebies.
- Sign up for Rewards Programs on Rewards 4 Canada and get items FREE. Our favourites? Shoppers Drugmart and Swag Bucks.
- Check out local second-hand stores and watch for sale events. Many often hold seasonal sales where you can stuff a bag for a buck or two.
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We would love to see your pics!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Related Links These Links also Include Affiliate Referral Links
Affiliate referral links and adfly links help support the writer of this article and their family.Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at : http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want to avoid the ads? Leave a confidential comment to sponsor a post.
- Kawartha Freebees Facebook Group http://adf.ly/4009826/kawartha-freebies
- Peterborough Frugal Mommy FB Group http://adf.ly/4009826/peterborough-frugal-mum
- Kawartha Lakes Free Cycle http://adf.ly/4009826/kawartha-lakes-free-cycle
- Freebies 4 Canada Baby Posts