Kawartha Lakes Mums How Will You Remember?Remembrance Day Ceremonies will be held throughout the City of Kawartha Lakes to honour men and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in defence of our great nation and for the freedom and democracy we enjoy today. Ceremonies will be held on Saturday, November 8th, Sunday November 9th and Tuesday November 11th. How will your family remember the fallen? This post has a links to useful resources, as well as the list of local ceremonies.
FTC Discloure: Kawartha Lakes Mums welcomes family friendly advertising including affiliate links that meet with our editorial guidelines. This helps us put food on our table at no additional cost to our readers.
Also on Kawartha Lakes Mums:
- More Parenting Posts
How will your family remember?
Remembrance Day - Resources
|Kawartha Lakes Remembrance Day 2014|
|Remembrance Day Giant Paper Poppies Tutorial on The House That Lars Built|
- Royal Canadian Legion Remembrance Day free resources - pdfs to download for different age levels on Freebies 4 Canada
Remembrance Day Wreath - Hand Prints on TeachersPet UK Blog Free Remembrance Day Colouring sheets 12 different pdfs
- Fenelon Falls Legion - See their 1,000 Candles Campaign
- Lindsay Legion - Sir Sam Hughes
- Bobcaygeon Legion
- Nov. 11 Trinity Taxi will Give Veterans Complimentary rides to the Lindsay Cenotaph call to arrange your ride
- Petition Supporting Afghan Veterans - Omemee Pigeon eFlyer
- Veterans Eat Free at St Dave's Diner Lindsay on November 11
- Nov 11 Emergency Personnel and Veterans eat 1/2 price Cat and Fiddle Lindsay
- Lindsay Olde Gaol Museum has a Military History Exhibit about Sir Sam Hughes. See link below. Open by appointment or Wednesdays and Thursdays 10 to 3 pm
Kawartha Lakes Remembrance Day Ceremonies List
- BETHANY: A service will be held on Sunday November 9 at 1:30pm at the Bethany Cenotaph.
- BOBCAYGEON: A service will be held on Tuesday November 11th starting at 10:15am at the Cenotaph.
- BURNT RIVER: A service will be held on Sunday November 9 at 9:00am at the Burnt River Cenotaph.
- COBOCONK: There will be a Remembrance Day service on November 11th starting at 10:45am at the Legion, located at the intersection of Highway 35 and Kawartha Lakes Road 48.
- FENELON FALLS: On November 10th, there will be a candlelight tribute starting at 7:00pm. A parade will begin at 7:30pm at Colborne and Water Streets and end at the Cenotaph. On November 11th, there will be a parade at 10:30am and a service at the Cenotaph at 11:00am.
- KINMOUNT: On Tuesday November 11th at 11:00am, there will be a ceremony at the Kinmount Cenotaph located on Main Street.
- LINDSAY: On November 11th, a parade will leave the Legion at 10:00am and arrive at the Cenotaph in time for the 10:15am service.
- KIRKFIELD: There will be a service at the Kirkfield Cenotaph at 11:00am on Tuesday November 11th.
- NORLAND: On November 8 there will be a Remembrance Day Service beginning at 10:45 at the Norland School Hall Community Centre, 3448 County Road 45, Norland, lunch at Ward Memorial Park Arena after service.
- OAKWOOD: A service and wreath laying ceremony will take place on Tuesday November 11th at 11:00am at the cenotaph at Mariposa Hall.
- OMEMEE: On Sunday November 9th at 12:30pm, a parade will leave the Legion and make its way to the Cenotaph at Coronation Hall for a service and wreath laying ceremony at 12:45pm.
- WOODVILLE: On November 9th, there will be a parade to the cenotaph at the Woodville Legion where a wreath laying ceremony will take place at 1:00pm.
How will your family remember??
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We love hearing from our readers!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at :http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment and ask about a free link exchange or sponsoring a post.
- Sir Sam Hughes Exhibit http://adf.ly/4009826/olde-gaol-museum