Kawartha Lakes Mums Seeking Frugal Back to School Freebies?
Do you have some great freebie finds? Be sure to add them in the comments below.
6 Tips to Find Back to School Freebies
- Start with a plan. You can download a free 25 page ebook ‘Mama of Many’s Back to School Guide.’ by Julie Cole on Mabels Labels. Look under the Back to School products. This guide written by a mum of 6, is chock full of helpful advice and tips on how to prepare for back to school including how to help your kids transition from summer, and plus items that can help make back to school easier.
- Celebrate finding Freebies with your kids! Treat Freebie hunting as a treasure hunt and award prizes like getting to stay up later, or getting to choose the TV show, or first dibs on the freebie stash. If you're wondering what you might need for each grade level, Target Canada has FREE suggested back to school lists for each grade level.
- DIY Upcycling. Think outside the box and involve the kids in upcycling what you have into something new. Need a pencil case? Back to school clothes? Repurpose Dad's shirt or pants with free patterns from Craftsy into everything from a custom pencil case to Back to school clothes.
Simple Zippered Bag or Pencil Case Zippered Bag with Two Inside Pockets FREE Pattern
FREE Pattern Repurpose a Shower Curtain into a Waterproof Lunch Bag
- "Shop" Recycle Sites-Such as Freecycle , Freesharing,or Sharing is Giving. Make your wishlist and post it on several forums close to you. Remember to offer an equivalent number of “Offers” to keep yourself in good standing. Win Back to School items in our Giveaway.
- Look for older students' castoffs at yard sales, or ask the local babysitter or older relatives about their last year's supplies. Is there a teen with a Ninja turtle back pack? Younger students also infer “celebrity status” on items with the name of a college or high school. school on them.
- In College or University? Team up! Share textbooks – Although, not the ideal solution, I once got through an entire University course using a text from the library.
- Pens, Pencils, rulers, calendars,magnets? Visit ALL the booths at your local fairs, or community events. Keep your eyes open around local businesses too. Hallmark has little pocket calendars
- Need Dividers and organizers? Repurpose Junk mail using free printables from Hilroy.
- Think outside the box. Some diaper sites have great backpacks they giveaway, that would be suitable for younger students.
- Use Rewards for Free school supplies. Canadian Tire money, Shopper’s Optimum, and even check out the Chapman’s Ice Cream, game site where the whole family can win school supplies like markers for free.
- Make an appointment with the school guidance office. Many communities have back pack programs to help families.
|Upcycle a Bathing Suit into a Stretchy Book Cover FREE Pattern|
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We would love to see your pic!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Back to School Freebies Related Links
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at : http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want to avoid the ads? Leave a confidential comment to sponsor a post.