Omemee October Horticulture Potluck Welcomes Guests and Award Winning Horticulturist Hazel Cook!FTC Disclaimer: Kawartha Lakes Mums welcomes various forms of advertising which helps us put food on our table while sharing great deals with our readers. this does not affect our opinions.
October 20, 2014 Omemee and District Horticultural Society welcomes guest to join them for a potluck dinner where the keynote speaker will be award -winning Horticulturist Hazel Cook. Hazel Cook has won awards for many of her creations including her latest win Canadian Grand Champion for her peony. Do you love flowers? This post contains a video clip of Hazel's family nursery, as well as a few interesting floral notes. Curious?
We were too!
Hazel Cook Canadian Grand Champion!
- Hybridization and propagation of British Delphinium elatum.
- Propagating peonies, resulting in an extensive peony collection of over 600 varieties including species, tree, herbaceous and intersectional peonies.
Blossom Hill Award Winning BloomsCooks' award -winning blooms include:
- UK Delphinium Society presented at the Ontario Delphinium Club field days the only two Bronze Medals
- ‘Bartzella’ a large double yellow intersectional peony. won 2009 Grand Championship at the Canadian Peony Society Convention held at the Montreal Botanical Gardens.
- 2013 Canadian Grand Champion. "Garden Treasure’.a yellow intersectional peony at the Canadian Peony Society Convention in Rosemère, Quebec
- Peonies are more than just a pretty flower? Peony root is used in many Asian medicines.
- Peonies gained their popularity prior to World War I when they were shipped on ice in box cars to eastern markets.
- You can store peonies in your refrigerator up to three weeks.
- Peony water made from peony blossoms is used a a skin freshener?
- Greek mythology says the peony was once a physician that Zeus turned into a flower
- Ad: Craftsy offers a Sugar flower class where you can learn to make peonies
|Ad:Peonies: Learn How to Make Classic Sugar Flowers|
Omemee Horticulture - Blossom Hill Then and NowHazel Cook will take guests on a virtual stroll down memory lane with a presentation titled "Blossom Hill Then and Now" at the Omemee And District Horticultural Society Potluck dinner. Omemee and District Horticultural Society encourages everyone interested in attending to bring their favourite dish, as well as a plate, mug & cutlery for themselves. Save the date and invite a friend. Find out more about this event using the links in the related links section below. Here is a youtube peek you may enjoy:
|Blossom Hill Delphiniums as Seen on CHEX YouTube|
Let's chat! Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We love hearing from our readers!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Omemee Horticulture Potluck Related Links
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at : http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Ask about a link exchange or sponsoring a post.
- Hazel Cook Speaking at Omemee http://adf.ly/4009826/hazel-cook-ohs-speaker
- Blossom Hill Nursery http://adf.ly/4009826/blossom-hill-nursery
- Blossom Hill Nursery Grand Champion Peony http://adf.ly/4009826/blossom-hill-peony-wins-canadian-grand-champion
- Canadian Peony Association http://adf.ly/4009826/transporting-peonies