Santa Day Brings Great Free Family Fun!Saturday, November 29th Santa Day returns to Fenelon Falls with tonnes of free events and activities for all ages. Our family has really enjoyed Fenelon Falls Santa Day, and we're sure yours will too. Thanks to the many volunteers and sponsors who make this a day of Holiday cheer, Santa Day is one of the most anticipated events of the season in City of Kawartha Lakes.
Most activities start in Downtown Fenelon Falls at 10 am, but we recommend arriving early to enjoy the pancake breakfast that begins at 8 am at The Fenelon Falls Seniors Centre; it's by donation. Are you an app fan? Santa Day even has free App you can download for your smartphone to help plan your day.FTC Disclosure: Kawartha Lakes Mums welcomes family friendly advertising including affiliate links that meet with our editorial guidelines. This helps us put food on our table at no additional cost to our readers.
|Fenelon Falls Santa Day Nov 29- Great Family Fun!|
Also on Kawartha Lakes Mums:
- Letter from Santa Giveaway
Here's a list of some of the many events adapted from the Fenelon Falls Town Crier - be sure to check it twice and plan your day now.
Fenelon Falls Santa Day Fun November 29
- 8am to 10 am Pancake Breakfast - Fenelon Falls Seniors Centre - by donation.
- 10 am to 6pm WHERE DID SANTA COME FROM? Learn the fascinating history of Santa and his alter ego St. Nicholas as St. James Anglican Church, as part of Santa Day Festivities. The kindly old saint will make an appearance and children can make a Sinterklaas hat as St. Nicholas is called in the Netherlands. There will be traditional treats, and warm drinks on the house, plus an opportunity to buy chocolate letters and bags of treats at a nominal cost, from 10 am to 6 pm. St. James welcomes all as the community celebrates the start of the season of wonder. A great place to get warm, take a break, even change a baby in their clean, equipped washroom. You’ll find St. James Anglican Church just off the main street, on Bond Street East (turn at the old movie theatre.)
- 11 am to 4 pm SANTA’S HOUSE Santa is in his House starting at 11 am. Visit Santa for a free gift and a free photo! Santa leaves to get ready for the parade at 4pm, so make sure you get your visit to Santa in early in the day.
- CHRISTMAS TIME STORIES Enjoy special holiday story-time at the Library.
- PONY RIDES Ponies are a great treat for all the children to ride. This year, 6 real ponies are on a carousel, which makes it easy and fun to get on and ride.
- PETTING ZOO Even bigger this year and under a tent! Pet the goats, sheep, llama, donkeys, cows, pigs and chickens. There are even 2 camels! They love to be fed. We love that they have hand sanitizer for afterwards.
- FACE PAINTING Santa’s eager face-painting Elves are at two village locations. Get right into the spirit with colourful flowers and holiday graphics to decorate your face.
- CHAINSAW CARVER Watch the carver transform a piece of wood into Santa – with only a chainsaw!Just follow the noise…to this professional carver -.he loves visitors.
- WAGON RIDES Hop on one of 5 hay wagons to get around town. It’s a favourite way to see all that’s going on. Watch for designated stops and hop off at your next adventure!
- COSTUMED CHARACTERS Bring your camera for fun photos. Just watch for some of your favourite characters! Come and smile big with well known characters!
- GINGERBREAD DECORATING Last year, over 2000 children joined in! Be sure to arrive early to decorate a Gingerbread Cookie for free, Your cookie will taste great too!
- GINGERBREAD HOUSE COMPETITION Be a designer and builder of your own Gingerbread House. The competition for ribbons is geared to several categories, from young children to professionals. Come and see all the wonderful creations and just how creative people are! Want to enter? Download the form from the Santa Day site at the link below.
- CLOWNS As you walk around the Village, keep a sharp eye out for our playful clowns.
- J’S MAGIC SHOW J is bringing his lively, fun magic show to the streets! A great fun show for the whole family! You'll find J wandering downtown interacting with the crowd.
- POPCORN STOP Enjoy a warm popcorn while exploring downtown Fenelon Falls.
- RABBIT PETTING Beautiful, soft and friendly bunnies await the loving touch of the little ones. Various species of rabbits are there to be picked up and stroked. Get your camera ready!
- HAND BELL CHOIR Enjoy the beautiful harmonious sounds of the hand bell choir! Let them infuse you with the Christmas spirit.
- 5 pm CHRISTMAS PARADE – starts at 5:00pm sharp! 80+ TV and nursery rhyme characters and Christmas friends are waiting to greet you along the parade route. Don’t be shy, they love to shake your hand. Beautifully lit floats, great bands, dancing in the street. All part of the festivities.
TOONIE CLOWNS Watch for these special parade clowns. Please bring your “Loonies and Toonies” to offer to the clowns in order to provide a little extra support for this FREE Santa Day. BANDS The nighttime parade this year has 5 great bands. The parade features:
- The Kawartha Kavaliers,
- Oshawa Legion Pipes and Drums,
- Collingwood Collegiate Marching Band,
- Kawartha Drum Corps. and
- Haliburton Highlands Silver Flutes.
FLOATS Each year float participants become more and more creative in their float designs. Come and marvel at over 30 brilliantly lit and colourful floats that truly “Light Up The Night”. Fireworks Watch for the fireworks over the falls immediately following the parade. For more information visit Santa Day in the related links below.
Here's a blast from the past enjoy this Santa DAy Video from Grandpa Chris in Fenelon Falls:
What is your favourite part of Santa Day?
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We love chatting with our readers!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at :http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment and ask about a free link exchange or sponsoring a post.
- Fenelon Falls Santa Day
- See more Fenelon Falls Info and get the insider scoop http://adf.ly/4009826/fenelon-falls-town-crier