Kawartha Lakes Carolling Olde Fashioned Fun with a New Twist!Do you have some favourite Christmas Carols? Did you know Kawartha Lakes has a Christmas Carol Challenge? Police Chief John Hagarty even showed how you can take part even if you don't sing! This post contains a playlist of Christmas carols you might want to practice with your family to join in the holiday fun, a few gift ideas for carollers on your list, as well as a list of Kawartha Lakes carolling opportunities as we find them.
FTC Discloure: Kawartha Lakes Mums welcomes family friendly advertising including affiliate links that meet with our editorial guidelines. This helps us put food on our table at no additional cost to our readers.So What's this about a Christmas Carol Challenge?
Glad you asked!
Kawartha Lakes Christmas Carolling
You could give your carolling friends a little goodie bag to take home, or a mug and a bag of "Snowman Soup" With this free printable "Snowman Soup bag topper from Craftsy.
|Freebie -Free Printable -Snowman Soup Bag Topper on Craftsy|
|Kawartha Lakes Mums 2014 Gift Guide - Gifts for Carollers|
Popular Christmas Carols Sung in City of Kawartha Lakes
- White Christmas
- Let it Snow
- Jingle Bells
- Little Drummer Boy - very popular with even the tiniest singers who enjoy singing the Rum-pa-pum-pums This Crayola No Mess Little Drummer Boy Kit for ages 3+ includes a 24-page Colour Wonder colouring pad and 5 Colour Wonder Markers. Perfect for enjoying out and about while keeping skin, clothes and furniture mess free.
Little Drummer Boy Colour Wonder Veggie Tales Set -
10,99 Day Spring
- Winter Wonderland
- Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
- Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- All I want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth
- Silver Bells
- Away in a Manger
|Kawartha Lakes Christmas Carollers -Recognize Anyone?|
Christmas Carolling Opportunities in City of Kawartha Lakes
Charming Carol - Flat Holiday Party Invitations with Square Corners
To help bring Christmas cheer to Kawartha Lakes and raise some much-needed donations for the Kawartha Lakes Food Source, the City’s Economic Development department is launching the Kawartha Lakes Carolling Challenge. Don't sing? Neither does Chief John Hagarty - Check out Lindsay Police Chiefs Carol submission.Anyone can join in the fun and festivities by following these simple steps:
- Take a video of you or a group of your friends, classmates, or co-workers singing a Christmas carol.
- Post your video on your Facebook page and use the hashtags #KLCarolChallenge and #ChristmasInKawarthaLakes so we can see them and share.
- Make a donation to the Kawartha Lakes Food Source.
- Challenge three of your friends to do the same.
Don’t wait to be challenged, record a video and start challenging others today! You can challenge individuals, departments, organizations, classmates or businesses. Your donation to the Kawartha Lakes Food Source can be non-perishable food items or a monetary donation.
Donations can be dropped off at the Kawartha Lakes Food Source or visit us at the Economic Development office at 180 Kent Street West in Lindsay where donation boxes have been set up.
You don’t have to be a professional singer to participate, the key is to have fun and be enthusiastic! Check out the Economic Development department’s challenge video in the playlist above.
|Carol -Silent Night Plaque -12.99 DaySpring|
|Christmas Carollers Snowglobe at Dayspring|
Hot chocolate will be available for attendees while they enjoy listening to the seasonal songs performed by the St. Dominic's School Choir.
|Christmas Carol - Yea Lord We Greet Thee - DaySpring|
What is your favourite Christmas Carol?
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We love hearing from our readers!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at :http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment and ask about a free link exchange or sponsoring a post.