Kawartha Lakes Mums Readers - Are You Interested in Learning About First Nations?Did you know June has been designated as National Aboriginal Month since 2009, and June 21 is National Aboriginal Day? This post has a list of resources that you might find useful in learning more about Canada's First Nations.
FTC Disclosure: Kawartha Lakes Mums welcomes family friendly advertising including affiliate links that meet our editorial guidelines. This helps us put food on our table at no additional cost to our readers.
By the way- How many First Nations Place Names do you understand in City of Kawartha Lakes?
Here are a few resources you may find interesting.
Resources for Learning About First Nations
- Curve Lake First Nation just east of Bobcaygeon, held the the closest local celebrations June 20th. If you missed this celebration, you might like to take in the potluck feast at the teaching rocks Petroglyphs Provincial Park Sunday June 21 at 12 noon sharp. which will have a ceremony led by Douglas Williams. Other ongoing events are the online language lessons and weekly drumming sessions that are held each Sunday evening. For full information on upcoming events, see the Curve Lake First Nation events calendar
- CBC Television has an excellent line up of Television Specials and Movies Scheduled this month. Jordan Wheeler did an excellent overview of the different First Nations shows that will be on CBC.
- The Canadian Museum of History has some excellent online resources about the History of First Nations in Canada. See the link in related links below.
- Looking for kids resources? Eco Kids has a slew of great online resources highlighting the deep connection First Nation has with our environment. See link in related links below.
- Another great resource for kids - free online games on the Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Website. See the link in related links below.
- Free printables!
Turtle Island Game Offers Free Printable
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at :http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment and ask about a free link exchange or sponsoring a post.
- Canadian Museum of History - First Nation http://adf.ly/4009826/canadian-museum-of-history-first-nations
- Eco Kids First Nation - http://adf.ly/4009826/eco-kids-first-nation
- Aboriginal Affairs Games Page - http://adf.ly/4009826/aboriginal-affairs-games
- Turtle Island Free printable quiz http://adf.ly/4009826/turtle-island-game---free-printables
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+