Kawartha Cycling Club Hosts 11th Annual Cycling Tour!Kawartha Lakes Mums - enjoy cycling? Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014, Kawartha Cycling Club will host their 11th Annual Cycling Tour - Kawartha Lakes Classic. This fully supported cycling tour along scenic routes includes lunch, and all proceeds from the Classic will benefit APCH. Where is it? Who can participate? What is APCH?
All this and more in today's post.
Kawartha Lakes Classic Cycling Tour Details
|Kawartha Lakes Classic Cycling Tour Supports APCH|
- A Cycling Grab bag
- $10 off onsite registration
Kawartha Classic Cycling Tour: Route DetailsKawartha Classic Cycling Tour offers five road distances —13 km., 25 km., 50 km., 100 km., and 160 km. The scenic routes which start and finish at the new Fenelon Falls Community Centre, have been chosen keeping riders’ different capabilities in mind, but always with an emphasis on fun.
- 13km Kawartha Classic Cycling Tour route - ideal for families : an out and back ride on the hard packed Victoria Rail Trail suitable for all bikes out of Fenelon Falls and along the shores of Cameron Lake.
- 25km. Kawartha Classic Cycling Tour route - This longer route also follows Victoria Rail Trail out of Fenelon Falls then continues on paved roads before returning on the rail trail.
- 50/100/160km rides all follow the 50km route with additional loops to reach the longer distances. All rides return via the hard packed Victoria Rail Trail. These routes are designed to allow riders to make mid-course decisions on distance as the day progresses.
Kawartha Classic Cycling Tour: Participant SupportsAll are welcome to participate, in the Kawartha Classic Cycling Tour, but riders aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult. All routes are well marked with rest stops providing refreshments and roving support vehicles for first-aid and mechanical help. Entrants will celebrate the finish with a well-deserved post-ride lunch and prizes. Chair massage will be available following your ride for $10/10 minutes with 50% of proceeds donated to A PLACE CALLED HOME.
Kawartha Classic Cycling Tour: ScheduleKawartha Classic Cycling Tour onsite registration begins at 7 am . Start time for the 100/160 km. routes is 8:00 a.m, and start time for the 13/25/50 km. routes is 9:30 a.m.
Kawartha Classic Cycling Tour Supporting APCH?Kawartha Classic Cycling Tour raised $7,000 for A Place Called Home aka APCH, and Kawartha Cycling Association is hoping to meet or beat that goal in 2014. A Place Called Home, Lindsay, Ontario, is a charitable, non-profit organization that has been providing 24/7 support services to the homeless, and those at risk of becoming homeless, for more than 18 years. APCH provides counselling needed to find permanent housing and help break the cycle of homelessness. A Place Called Home also operates a 19-bed emergency shelter for youths, adults, couples and families, including meals, laundry facilities. Something definitely worth pedalling yourself through beautiful Kawartha Lakes!
UPDATE: Kawartha Cycling Tour Sponsors 2014Kawartha Cycling Club and A Place Called Home wish to thank all of our sponsors who gave generously to make the event run smoothly and seamlessly. A BIG HATS OFF to:
- Russell West Optometry,
- Spokes for Folks,
- Fenelon Cleaners & Solar Coin Laundry,
- Water Depot,
- Down to Earth,
- Canadian Tire,
- Cable Cable,
- Bob FM,
- Boston Pizza,
- Sweet Bottoms Coffee,
- Manson Graphics,
- Hay Good Looking and
- Relaxation Kneaded.
What do you like best about Kawartha Classic Cycling Tour ? Did you take part?
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We would love to see your pics!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at : http://adf.ly/?id=4009826
Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment and ask about sponsoring a post!