Do You Have Lindsay Kawartha Lakes Bus Services Suggestions?City of Kawartha Lakes offers municipal busing within Lindsay, and a rural busing route as well.We have great accessible buses and super drivers, yet the bus system operates at a huge deficit, and leaves a large portion of the population unserved. The NEW Lindsay bus map was recently released with a couple of new stops added to the Blue route, but few other changes. What was on our wish list for Lindsay bus service changes?
Glad you asked.
Lindsay Kawartha Lakes Busing Wish List
|Lindsay Kawartha Lakes Bus Map - Transportation Talk|
Here is my wish list for Kawartha Lakes Transit Services. What suggestions would you add?
- Change the hours. This could create higher usage. Think- who is most likely to use buses? People who don't drive. Who doesn't drive? Students, seniors, disabled - and hopefully people who have been drinking cannot drive. When can they use buses? Students - the largest number in this equation with potential disposable income, can only take buses in the evening and on weekends. Currently anyone using public transportation cannot access the walk-in clinic nor any evening nor Sunday activities. Making even limited busing available in evenings could cut Emergency room visits, and ensure student have transportation to constructive activities such as the Lindsay Recreation Centre. Could evening busing decrease drinking and driving? Perhaps.
- Encourage public transit use through corporate partnerships to stimulate local shopping. Have you ridden a bus in other communities? Currently, our buses have no ads whatsover. Corporate partnerships could be established in which transit users deposit transfer slips at local merchants for a draw. Businesses participating in the promotion could be listed in the buses. Bus transfers could also be redeemed as coupons at various businesses..Recently an Omemee man paid to have his new book plastered all over Peterborough buses - why not City of Kawartha Lakes buses?
- Encourage attendance of municipal activities by posting events notices on buses, and working in partnership with events. Toronto Transit System, for example, arranges discount admission for events when you show your pass or transfer.
- Create a schedule for LIMO services, or use an alternate means of transit for some passengers. Since my injury, I cannot walk the three blocks to our closest bus stop, but I do not need an entire bus to myself. While I understand the importance of confidentiality when picking up people from their homes, I could easily ride in a car. Some municipalities have subcontracted transportation to cab companies. It is the huge waste of tax dollars and energy usage that keeps me from taking LIMO services for anything but the most essential trips.
- Add Kawartha Lakes Bus routes to Google Maps so they can be accessed by mobile phone, and used in planning transportation for visitors to City of Kawartha Lakes.
- Work with other municipalities to discover how they have created greater ROI for their communities. How do other communities use public transit and operate it with an eye to increasing profit for local businesses and their community as a whole?
Lindsay Kawartha Lakes Bus Maps, Hours and Token Information
Lindsay Bus Maps and HoursLindsay Bus Maps are available from bus drivers. or as a pdf online. LArger maps are also available upon request. Call 705-324-9111 Door to door LIMO service for people with documented health or mobility issues. can be booked by calling 705 - 324-3331. Note: Advance application is needed for the LIMO service.
Lindsay Buses run from 7 am to 7pm with the last bus leaving the downtown transit hub at 6pm.
Lindsay Bus TokensExact fare or tokens are required to use Lindsay Bus system or LIMO service.
FARE STRUCTURE Exact Fare Required
- Adults . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $2.00
- Seniors/Students . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $1.50
- Children under 14 years . . . . . . . . . . . $1.00
- Children under 5 years . . . . . . . . . . . . . FREE
Monthly Passes: Adults . . . . $60.00 Seniors/Students . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $50.00
NOTE:All tokens look the same.
According to the pdf Tokens and monthly passes can be purchased at Lindsay Service Centre and Fleming College. Tokens can also be purchased at:
- Lindsay Shoe Repair,
- Ross Memorial Gift Shop and
- A Buy and Sell Shop.
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We would love to see your pic!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Lindsay Kawartha Lakes Busing and Transportaion Related LinksAny adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at : http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment to ask about a link exchange or sponsoring a post.
- Lindsay Bus Map pdf http://adf.ly/4009826/lindsay-bus-map
- Lindsay Bus Photo Remixed from Sean_Marshall Flikr http://adf.ly/4009826/lindsay-bus-photo-remixed-from-sean-marshall-flikr
- Make Money online sharing links See:http://adf.ly/?id=4009826