Kawartha Lakes Mariposa Dairy Goat Cheese Fame Spreads!Did you know The U.K. is Canada’s second-largest destination for Canadian investment abroad, Canada’s third most important source of foreign direct investment and Canada’s third-largest export destination? Mariposa Dairy was pleased to accompany Prime Minister Stephen Harper to the United Kingdom on a trade mission at the beginning of September. Curious?
Kawartha Lakes Goat Cheese Trade Mission GoalsKawartha Lakes Mariposa Dairy has won top prizes in European cheese competition, so they were a valuable participant in the Canada -UK trade mission The Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, welcomed Kawartha Lakes goat cheese producer Mariposa Dairy and more than 35 trade delegates at the start of a trade mission to the U.K. from September 2 to 5, 2014. The trade mission goal was to support Canadian companies as they seek to secure first-mover advantages in the EU market from the Canada-European Union Free Trade Agreement. Minister Fast will took part in several events with representatives of Canadian businesses, Canadian business people working in the U.K. and Canadian innovation partners, as well as major investors in Canada, to discuss ways to work together to further strengthen the commercial ties between the two countries. Once the Agreement is implemented, Canadian companies will gain preferential access to the world’s largest and most lucrative market, with more than 500 million consumers and a GDP of almost $18 trillion. For a list of organizations participating in the U.K. trade mission, please refer to the Trade Mission Government Webpage in the links below.
Kawartha Lakes Mariposa Dairy - Gearing Up For Christmas
Kawartha Lakes Mariposa Dairy Award Winning Goat Cheeses!Mariposa Dairy goat cheese can be found at your local grocery store. Have you seen some of these award winning goat cheeses? Did you know they are made made right here in "City of" Kawartha Lakes?
- Tania - Tania won gold in the 2014 Best Canadian Cheese and the Best Canadian Sheep’s Milk Cheese categories. Crafted by Mariposa Dairy in Lindsay, Ontario and distributed exclusively by Finica Food Specialties, the award-winning sheep’s milk cheese is celebrating its eleventh major award since 2011 (most recently placing first at the American Cheese Society conference for best Sheep’s Milk Cheese Aged Over 60 Days), and its second European title.
- Lindsay Bandaged Cheddar, another Lenberg Farms creation, placed second in the 2014 Best Canadian Goat’s Milk Cheese category. Lindsay has also enjoyed a robust awards season, winning several key Canadian titles in last year’s Royal Agricultural Fair and the British Empire Cheese Competition.
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
The adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at : http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want to avoid the ads? Leave a confidential comment to sponsor a post.
- Other Canadain businesses on UK September 2014 Trade Mission http://www.international.gc.ca/media/comm/photos/2014/09/02a_bg.aspx?lang=eng