Kawartha Lakes Mums December 2015 Stats Shows Pinterest Topping New Visits!Google Analytics showed Kawartha Lakes Mums blog traffic was generated through our social strategies in December 2015, with Pinterest leading the way, and the bounce rate from Pinterest is a bit lower now.
FTC Disclosure: Kawartha Lakes Mums welcomes family friendly advertising including affiliate links that meet with our editorial guidelines. This helps us put food on our table at no additional cost to our readers.
Curious about how social media platforms brought leads to Kawartha Lakes Mums in the past month?
December 2014 Kawartha Lakes Mums Aquisition Stats
|December 2014 Kawartha Lakes Mums Acquisition Stats|
Organic Social Media Traffic Brings Kawartha Lakes Mums Page ViewsIn December 2014, Kawartha Lakes Mums had almost 2,000 page views. Not too shabby for a month that is typically slower than most, due to shopping and social activities. 63.85% of all sessions came to Kawartha Lakes Mums through organic social media. This means we didn't pay for any advertising on social media platforms. Here is a screen shot of the social media platforms that brought page views to Kawartha Lakes Mums for December 2014.
|December 2014 Social Media Platforms Bringing Kawartha Lakes Mums Page Views|
The platforms driving sessions for Kawartha Lakes Mums in December 2014 included:
- Blogger -While it may appear that Blogger is the largest source for acquisition, these are internal referrals though our popular posts widget, navigation, labels, or links we've created between posts on our blog. This shows us our interconnected strategies are working to keep readers interested in reading more posts on our blog. How many sessions were generated though internal links? 678! We're pleased our internal links are making our blog more interesting to visitors.These numbers show the importance of using internal links on a blog or website. Why? Internal links encourage people to stay longer on your site, and helps decrease bounce rate.This in turn increases page rank in searches. People from 189 cities visited more than one page through internal links. We're glad they found something of interest here. One of our readers from Abbottsford read 8 pages before leaving, and another in Truro, Nova Scotia read 4 pages. 149 sessions of the sessions generated through internal links originated in Kawartha Lakes - our top city, followed by Toronto -70, Peterborough - 68, Ottawa -23, Waterloo -18, Mississauga-12 and so on.
- Pinterest - In December 2014, 19 of our posts received traffic generated through Pinterest, from 53 different cities.The post most visited was Free Disney Frozen Fan Fun. Did you know the top Google search in Canada in 2014 was for Frozen? Then it's not surprising that our other Frozen Inspired posts also received visits from Pinterest. In December, another trend was visits to our Christmas Themed posts through Pinterest. Unfortunately, our bounce rate from Pinterest visits is quite high for many posts, so one goal will be to decrease the bounce rate for sessions generated through Pinterest.
- Facebook- In December 2014, Facebook sent 30 visits to 13 of our posts from 19 cities.
December 2014 Kawartha Lakes Facebook Aquisition
Other than the 8 visits from Kawartha Lakes, most visits bounced. How is Facebook performing for you as lead generation?
We are going to be trying several strategies to make sure our visits generated by Facebook will result in a lower bounce rate. What are we planning on doing?
In addition to ensuring posts shared to Facebook have at least one related post link above the jump break, we are also rethinking how we are posting to Facebook. Currently our posts are syndicated to Facebook. Since our posts to Facebook are not bringing quality visits from localities other than City of Kawartha Lakes, this shows us that we might want to even consider targeting Facebook posts to only communities in City of Kawartha Lakes rather than posting to Facebook through syndication. This could possibly increase our organic Facebook reach as well. Have you tried targetting your Facebook posts? How has this worked for you?
- Twitter - In December 2014, Twitter was responsible for starting 20 sessions on Kawartha Lakes Mums.
December 2014 Kawartha Lakes Mums Twitter Acquisition
- StumbleUpon - In December 2014, Kawartha Lakes Mums blog received 8 visits from Stumble Upon from three cities - Beverly Hills, Nice, and Washington.
December 2014 Kawartha Lakes Mums Stumble Upon Aquisition
Here again, it shows how hosting Giveaways on a blog or website is a great strategy to decrease bounce rate.
Google+ - Google Plus brought Kawartha Lakes Mums 7 visits in December 2014.
- LinkedIn - LinkedIn brought 1 new visitor from Yale, Michigan, USA, who was intrigued by our School Bus Driver Shoutout post.
Our current LinkedIn strategy, could definitely use some tweaking. Currently, we share a post each Monday to the Kawartha Lakes Insiders group on LinkedIn using the "add this" widget. About Once a month I personally share a link to one of Kawartha Lakes Mums posts in a LinkedIn post that may be of interest to business people from a wider range of locations. Perhaps by increasing the frequency of shares to our LinkedIn group, we may have more visitors from this platform. Is LinkedIn working as a lead acquisition strategy for you? What strategy works best for you with LinkedIn?
Finally, Kawartha Lakes Mums received 1 visit from Quora. Quora is a platform I use with my personal profile. In Some Ways Quora reminds me of Yahoo Answers - it's a platform for asking questions and offering answers.
What will Kawartha Lakes Mums social platform referral stats look like for January 2015? Good question.
Which social networks worked best for you last month?
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We love chatting with our readers!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at :http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment and ask about a free link exchange or sponsoring a post.