Kawartha Lakes Cottage Treat - Naan On the Wildside!Are you intrigued by recipes that use natural wild ingredients?
Today's recipe features delicious June gleanings we discovered while staying at Long Beach Cottages and Trailer Resort, just outside Lindsay off Highway 35.
FTC Disclosure: Kawartha Lakes Mums welcomes family friendly advertising including affiliate links that meet our editorial guidelines. This helps us put food on our table at no additional cost to our readers.
|Kawartha Lakes Cottage Treat - Naan with Wild Edibles|
Do you have a delicious recipe you might suggest to us using some of these wild ingredients?
Naan on the Wildside Featuring Wild RosesImportant: Before using any wild vegetation in this recipe, be sure no pesticides are in use in the area. Do not use all the wild vegetation in the area either. This recipe uses only a touch of wild vegetation. Remember - only eat dandelion leaves before 3 pm as they are a natural diuretic.
Quantity: Makes 1 Lunch Appetizer
- Dandelion - 3 Baby leaves, yellow petals from 1 Blossom [Did you know Dandelions were brought here as a treasured medicinal plant?]
- White Clover - petals from 3 White Clover Blossoms
Kawartha Lakes Wild Edible - White Clover Blossoms
- Wild Rose Petals- petals from 5 pollinated Wild Roses
- Wild Grape - 2 tendrils
- Cream Cheese - 2 Tablespoons
- Orange- Juice and zest from 1/4 an orange.
- Naan Bread - 1 Small Round
- In the morning, after the dew has dried, watch the bees as they visit the wild rose blossoms by your cottage.
Bees Pollinating Kawartha Lakes Wild Roses at Long Beach Cottages
- Choose only the tiniest leaves from a dandelion, and use only the yellow petals from a dandelion blossom.
- Finely chop 2 tendrils from a wild grape vine. Reserving a tiny curl for garnish.
Kawartha Lakes Wild Edibles Grape Tendrils
- Mix orange zest and orange juice with cream cheese.
- Reserving 5 Wild Rose petals, the smallest dandelion leaf, and a tiny curl of wild grape vine for garnish chop remaining ingredients and combine with cream cheese mixture.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on Naan Bread round and garnish with reserved wild toppings.
|Naan on the Wild Side Featuring Kawartha Lakes Wild Edibles|
Wild Edibles - $14.95
from: Random House
What recipe would you make using some of these wild ingredients?
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We love chatting with our readers!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at :http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment and ask about a free link exchange or sponsoring a post.