Kawartha Lakes Mums Asks: Has Your Family Entered The World Food Day 2015 Poster Contest?The World Food Day 2015 Poster Contest is open to children around the world and will be run according to age groups with three sections for the following age groups: 5 - 8 yrs, 9 - 12 yrs and 13-17 yrs. Deadline for the 2015 contest is 12 PM September 30th, 2015.
FTC Disclosure: Kawartha Lakes Mums welcomes family friendly advertising including affiliate links that meet our editorial guidelines. This helps us put food on our table at no additional cost to our readers.
Every year the winning posters are displayed on the FAO World Food Day website. However, in 2015 there are some special surprises for you!
What kind of surprises?
Read these details from the World Food Day Website:
World Food Day Poster Contest 2015 Holds Extra Special Surprises for Contestants!In addition to the winning posters being displayed on the World Food Day website, there are some very special surprises for contestants.
- First, world-famous footballer Roberto Baggio, FAO Goodwill Ambassador, Man of Peace Award winner nominated by the Nobel Peace Prize laureates, human rights activist, - has generously agreed to act as UNWG Goodwill Ambassador and open the FAO WFD contest this year. Roberto has decided to send you all a personal invitation to take part in the Poster Contest. He believes that you, young people, must become actively involved in the global struggle to end hunger and malnutrition and build a better world for all. Read his message on the World Food Day website and get inspired!
- Then, in this exceptional year of Expo Milano, the top three entrants for each age group will see their posters showcased in the multimedia UN Zero Hunger Itinerary at Expo Milano, where the World Food Day will be celebrated this year with the participation of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Ban Ki-moon.
- On top of that, since 2015 marks the 70th Anniversary of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization, all the award winners of the WFD Poster Contest will also receive a commemorative medal from FAO.
2015 World Food Day Poster Contest ThemeThe 2015 World Food Day Contest theme is: “Social Protection and agriculture: breaking the cycle of rural poverty”
What is Social Protection and how does it help rural agriculture?
Social protection can be defined as a range of solutions, often combined with each others, —such as work opportunities, provision of food, money and services— that are designed to support the vulnerable and help the poor in society move out of hunger and poverty.
The World Food Day organizers have posted some excellent information on their website about different types of Social Protection programs that help alleviate rural poverty. There are several comics aimed at older readers, like Bea and the Drought.
|World Food Day Poster Contest Info- Bea and the Drought|
However, unless things have changed, we're not sure how well our local breakfast Club programs measure up to the ones mentioned on the World Food Day site. The examples on the World Food Day site mention that School Feeding programs alleviate rural poverty by purchasing food from local farms.
Do you know if our Breakfast Club programs in Kawartha Lakes purchase from local farms now?
It used to be that items from large companies were donated for many Kawartha Lakes breakfast programs in schools.
If our local Breakfast Club Programs are not making purchases from local farms, this might be an excellent time to start!
See full details about the World Food Day 2015 Poster Contest at the link in related links below.
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the web page. Find out more at :http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment and ask about a free link exchange or sponsoring a post.
- World Food Day Poster Contest http://adf.ly/4009826/world-food-day-poster-contest
|Bid to Win Amazing Experiences Benefitting the Red Cross|
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We love chatting with our readers!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Be sure to Subscribe to Kawartha Lakes Mums you never know what we'll be blogging next!