Kawartha Lakes Families Enjoy Variety of Children's Programming!Do you have children or grandchildren?City of Kawartha Lakes libraries offer a wide variety of free children's programming. From Mum and Baby programs like "1,2,3 Baby on my Knee"to teens writing programs, there is something for all our children.FTC Disclosure: Kawartha Lakes Mums welcomes family friendly advertising including affiliate links that meet our editorial guidelines. This helps us put food on our table at no additional cost to our readers.
When do these activities take place?
Here is the press release from City of Kawartha Lakes.
City of Kawartha Lakes Fall 2016 kids Library ProgramsSeptember 1, 2016 - It’s time to check with your local library branch for fall offerings of children’s programs at Kawartha Lakes Public Library. A variety of programs are presented at all branches throughout the City. Storytime programs for the very young
- Bethany branch (Thursdays at 11:30am)
- Coboconk branch (Mondays at 11am)
- Lindsay branch (Toddler Time – Tuesdays at 10:30am; Mother Goose – Wednesdays at 10am; 1,2,3 Baby’s on my Knee – Thursdays at 10:15am; Storytime – Thursdays at 10:45am and Family Storytime – Fridays at 10:30am)
- Little Britain branch (Mondays at 10:30am, once a month).
Crafty Kid ProgramsMany branches hold Craft / Activity programs once a month on Saturday mornings and some branches offer craft kits that you can take home and enjoy with your family. After school programs.
- Oakwood branch (Tuesday at 4pm, weekly)
- Kinmount branch (Tuesdays at 4:30pm, weekly)
- Woodville branch (4pm on the last Thursday of the month)
- Kirkfield branch (3:30pm on the 3rd Thursday of the month).
Innovative Read With Dogs Program
In partnership with the St. John Ambulance Therapy dog program, the library’s Read to the Dog program is held at the Lindsay, Bethany, Dunsford and Little Britain branches. This program offers children an opportunity to practice their reading skills by reading aloud to a child-certified therapy dog. Contact the branch for upcoming dates and times.
New this fall is Let’s Write at the Little Britain branch. Children up to 15 years of age have fun writing stories, poems, songs and journals. We are pleased to have local resident Colette Brown, author of “Web Quest for a Heart of Gold”, facilitate these bimonthly sessions which begin on Thursday, September 8 at 6:30pm.
Also new is Seasonal Fun held Monday evenings at 6:30pm monthly at the Lindsay branch. The first session, “Fall Fair Fun” will be held on September 26.
Visit or call your local branch and find out more or visit the library’s website.
What are some of your favourite early library memories?
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We love chatting with our readers!:
- Send us a voice message
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Facebook Page,
- @KawarthaMums Twitter,
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Youtube for Insider Secrets
- Kawartha Lakes Mums Pinterest
- Kawartha Lakes Mums G+
Be sure to Subscribe to Kawartha Lakes Mums you never know what we'll be blogging next!